I will miss commercials when I get a DVR. I can still watch them, right? I just have the option to skip them? Tell me I don’t have to give up [good] commercials.
Yes, I’m aware that’s really weird. So is using a VCR in 2012. Shut up.
I saw this one a few nights ago and loved it for so many reasons.
- That car guy? Is just like my husband. (He hates retro music and loves talking cars. “It’s important.”)
- Those friends having a good time, singing their hearts out? They seem fun. I want to hang out with them.
- I recognized the celebrity voice-over before my husband, even though recognizing celebrity voice-overs is kind of his superpower.
- I used to have a Chevy Malibu. I don’t know anything about its brakes, but I loved that it had lots of cup holders and both a tape deck and a CD player. I know. Big surprise.
- It made me think about all the times I’ve sung along to cheesy songs with my own friends.
Case in point: Smitty and I broke into “Ice, Ice Baby” last Friday night as we cooked dinner. Yes, we do know all the words.
What songs do you sing with your friends?