A couple weeks ago it was my turn to take snacks to small group, and Mark requested Jalapeno Popper Dip. He asked so nicely I couldn’t very well tell him no – but I did ask him to go to the store to get the ingredients. He brought everything home (including the sour cream that I always think I need but, in fact, do not), and while the bacon cooked, I mixed up the rest of the dip.
I was just about ready to pop the popper dip in the oven when I pulled out the panko crumbs he’d bought me. Luckily for everyone I noticed the box before sprinkling the crumbs on the dip: Lemon Pepper.
My dip definitely did not need the flavors of lemon or pepper, but I figured it was still a win because I can always dredge some chicken in it and voila! Easy dinner.
I was going to actually make that chicken for dinner last night to make this 31 Days post complete, but the evening didn’t go according to plan. Said evening included great big grins from an otherwise cranky baby, a seven-year-old very excited to go on a little road trip with me this weekend, and a few stolen minutes catching up with my husband.
But it also included some definite lemons – including a dinner that did not happen. Oh well. I baked and froze the bag of chicken I’d thawed out and then looked up a whole bunch o’ lemon chicken recipes for you.
Winner winner…well, you know.
So, just in case you find yourself with extra lemons and/or chicken – or just get a hankering for lemon chicken after this post! – here are 15 lemon chicken recipes!
- Lemon Chicken Fettucine – Diethood
- Lemon Chicken Romano – Cooking Classy
- Chicken in Lemon Butter Caper Sauce – Plain Chicken
- Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken – Skinny Ms.
- Lemon & Herb Roasted Chicken – Paleo Newbie
- Asian Lemon Chicken Tenders – Damn Delicious
- Easy Lemon Chicken Potato Casserole – Gimme Some Oven
- Grilled Lemon Dijon Chicken – First Home Love Life
- Greek Chicken Roulade – A Family Feast
- Lemon Butter Chicken Breasts – Better Homes & Garden
- Lemon Pepper Chicken – Life’s Ambrosia
- Ina Garten’s Mustard Roasted Chicken – The View from Great Island
- Chicken Piccata – A Family Feast
- Chicken Lemon Basil Penne – Goodeness Gracious
- Chicken Pasta Primavera – Flower Patch Farm Girl
I think I’m most likely to make the Chicken in Lemon Butter Caper Sauce:
But if someone else was cooking? I’d pick either Ina Garten’s Mustard Roasted Chicken:
…or the Lemon Chicken Romano:
Although, really, it’s impossible to choose. They all look delicious. Yum!
What’s your favorite Lemon Chicken recipe?
This post is part of a 31 Days series. Make sure you don’t miss a single post by subscribing to this blog. Once you confirm your email subscription, you’ll be entered into an exclusive weekly drawing [during the month of October] for a Daily Grace pitcher from DaySpring.