Our tree is up although not completely decorated, and we’ve completed about half of each day’s Truth in the Tinsel advent activity for about half of the days of advent so far. To make up for the ways I’m lacking in holiday accomplishments, though, we’re listening to lots and lots of Christmas music.
So there’s that. How’s YOUR holiday season going so far?
I’m getting ready for a blog break during the last few weeks of the year, so this will likely be my last Weekend Links post of 2012. Don’t worry. Unless the Mayans are right, I’ll be back with lots o’links in the new year! (And, really, if the Mayans are right, I suppose we have much bigger things to consider than blog posts.)
Here are a few of my most favorite reads from the past few weeks. I’m sure I’ve missed plenty of good ones, though, so please share your recommendations in the comments!
- 150 Stocking Stuffer Ideas — The Mom Creative
- 10 Ridiculously Simple Tips for Writing a Book | Goins, Writer
- Great Ideas for Funny Christmas Card Photos | I Heart Faces
- 6 Steps to a Relaxed Christmas | Simple Mom
- That weird moment when you realize you’re older than Jesus. | Stuff Christians Like
- When You Need To Lower Your Expectations This Christmas | Kristen Strong at (in)courage
- eighteen25: Year Long Gift in a Frame (free download)
- How To Raise A Reader – Part 1 | Inspired to Action
- book club reading recommendations – hollywood housewife
And then there’s this video I saw on Facebook this week. As one of my friends said, if this doesn’t make you smile, you are broken. Snoopy music. Old people. Dancing. Old people dancing. I mean, c’mon! This is adorable and happy and lovely.
If you can’t see the video, click here for The Piano Guys surprising some old people with a Charlie Brown Medley.
What are the best posts you’ve read and written lately? Please share it with us in the comments!
This post will be linked to Linky Love at Vanderbilt Wife.