That’s Annalyn enjoying a frozen lemonade up there. Cute, isn’t she?
This giveaway has now been closed. Congratulations to Kesha for winning the gift card! (As always, winners are selected using the And the Winner is plug-in.)
How’s that song go? “Summertime and the livin’ is easy . . .”
Yeah, I’m not sure about your house, but summer is just as busy as any other season for us. We’re all running a million different directions, and still we’re trying to fit extra fun into the extra hours of daylight. And it’s making me exhausted!
Summertime should be savored, though. Sure, we don’t all get the summer off from work and for many of us, kids at home means more work than ever. But surely we can squeeze in a few minutes of indulgence here and there?
5 Simple Summertime Treats
1. Enjoy fresh fruits and veggies. Check out a local farmer’s market or simply take advantage of summer produce sales at your grocery store. My favorites are strawberries and corn on the cob!
2. Stick your feet – or more – in the pool. I get it. You may not want to put on a swimsuit and strut around the neighborhood pool. I don’t either. But we can all kick off our flip-flops and stick our feet in. We bought a baby pool this week, and I’m hoping we get it up (and filled) this weekend.
3. Treat yourself. Ice cream. Popsicles. Roasted hot dogs. S’mores. Right, right. It’s probably best if you don’t eat them all in one day. But every few days? In moderation and all that? Why not? After all, we just agreed that you can cool down at the pool without baring all.
4. Get out of town – or don’t. Maybe your family has a big vacation planned, or maybe you’ve already taken one. Or maybe you can’t make a vacation happen this year, for whatever reason. My husband doesn’t have the seniority to take vacation time during the summer, so we save our big family trip for the fall. But that doesn’t mean we’re stuck at home June through August. We’ve got a couple weekend trips planned to visit friends, but I also have a local festival and a few field trips to various attractions on the calendar.
5. Eat outside. Or play outside. Just get outside. Look. I hate the hot. I really do. But even someone as hot-blooded and indoorsy as me has to admit that summer is the season of getting outside. Eat dinner on the deck. Tailgate before a game. Catch fireflies, watch fireworks and sit around the firepit. It will be winter soon enough. Enjoy the warm weather while you can. (Unless you live in the southern states. The ones with all the humidity. In that case, I have no advice. Maybe refer to #2?)
Those are my ideas for easy ways to enjoy the summer, even if it is a busy, hectic season. SUBWAY wants to offer one more way to treat yourself: a $25 SUBWAY gift card. You can use that gift card however you want, of course, but wouldn’t that be a perfect way to grab sandwiches for a picnic in the backyard?
To enter the giveaway: Leave a comment telling me your favorite summertime indulgence or your favorite SUBWAY sandwich. (P.S. Did you know you can add avocado to your SUBWAY sandwiches now?) For an additional entry, subscribe to Giving Up on Perfect by email and leave a separate comment telling me you’ve done it. The giveaway will close at midnight (CST) on Monday, June 17.
Disclosure: I was given a SUBWAY gift card in exchange for this post, but all opinions expressed are my own.