At my Bible study on Thursday morning, our leader asked us to share the highlight of our past week. I said mine was spending Sunday evening at a Superbowl party with friends we don’t see often enough, but the lady sitting next to me whispered, “It wasn’t being a finalist in that Hey Girl contest?”
Okay, fine. You got me! I Can Teach My Child hosted a contest for photos of husbands with “Hey Girl” sayings on them (ala the many Ryan Gosling photos out there). I submitted a scruffy photo of my husband saying, “Hey, Girl. If I can go all winter without shaving, so can you.”
And yeah, being Finalist #7 was kind of the highlight of my week!
It’s been a few weeks since I shared my favorite links, so I have quite a few for you today. And as usual they are quite diverse. Enjoy!
Valentine’s, Marriage and Otherwise Lovey-Dovey Posts
- In a Rut? Spice it Up :: Amy’s Finer Things
- 100 Ways to Make Your Marriage Rock :: We Are THAT Family
- When Intimacy is a Bad Idea :: For Better and Worse
- 5 Ways to Fight Through to a Loving Marriage :: Ann Voskamp at (in)courage
[Don’t miss this one!]
Great Blog Series – Read ’em All!
- Have Faith by Hollywood Housewife
- How I Write a Blog Post :: ohAmanda
- This is How We Met :: HopefulLeigh
Parenting & Some Other Deep Thoughts
- In Which We All Share Our Practices of Parenting :: Emerging Mummy
- This Motherhood Gig :: 4tunate
- I’ve Been Gone :: The Gift of Mondays
- Make Room for What You Value :: Tiny Twig
- Hamstrung :: Life on the Wild Side
Information and Debates about Pinterest
- I’d Be a Hungry Used Car Salesman :: Jenny B Jones
- Information for Bloggers and People Who Use Pinterest :: Living Locurto
Yes, I Do Miss Having a TV Blog.
- Farewell to an Unlikely Hero: Why Chuck Packed Such a Potent Punch :: NPR
- Why Chris Treager is LITERALLY My Favorite Character on Parks & Rec :: YouTube
What was the highlight of YOUR week? Have you read anything good lately? Share it all in the comments!
This post will be linked to Saturday Stumbles at Simply Staci.