Monday Morning Mmmm: Snickerdoodle Cake

Recipe for Snickerdoodle Cake

I wanted to make something new over the weekend. We had friends coming over, and I like to experiment on cook something special for them. As I searched my bookmarked recipes for an Italian dish (which I did not find, so stay tuned next week for what I did instead), I came across a recipe for a Snickerdoodle cake from Scribbit.

Since my friends and I would be celebrating a birthday, a special cake (instead of my usual, go-to dessert, brownies from a box) seemed to be in order. Even though THIS recipe would require me to do something I’ve never done before: make a layer cake. With LAYERS.

I was nervous, not sure if I was up to the task. But then again, I have watched a few fancy cake shows on cable. It can’t be that hard…

And it wasn’t. Not being a layer-cake baker, I don’t even own round cake pans. So I bought a three-pack of foil pans and went to work. In the end I had a delicious, not-bad-looking layer cake that we all loved!

(Finally, I have a reason to get this gorgeous cake plate. I can show off serve a certain layer cake on it!)

Recipe for Snickerdoodle Cake

1/2 cup butter
4 oz. cream cheese
3 1/4 cup powdered sugar
3 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350. Mix the cake ingredients and pour into three, greased round cake pans. Bake for 25 minutes (or until a toothpick stuck in the middle comes out clean). Let cool, while mixing the frosting ingredients. Turn layers out of the pans, then frost. Sprinkle a bit of cinnamon sugar on top. Refrigerate for an hour, then serve chilled. (You don’t have to serve a cold cake, but it was really good that way!)

This post will be linked to Mouthwatering Monday, Tasty Tuesday, Tuesdays at the Table, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, 33 Shades of Green, Foodie Friday, Friday Firsts, Sweet Tooth Friday and Food on Fridays. It will also be linked to Ingredient Spotlight at Eat at Home. Affiliate links are used in this post.

28 Comments Monday Morning Mmmm: Snickerdoodle Cake

1. Amanda B. March 21, 2011 at 7:18 am

This cake looks yummy! You might have to “experiment” on us again at small group and bring this cake next time!! We all enjoyed your shredded beef experiment last night ! Thanks for bringing such a yummy dinner!

2. nikki March 21, 2011 at 8:10 am

I love snickerdoodles…so that cake looks amazing! I’m going to have to try that!

3. charity March 21, 2011 at 8:38 am

I passed this recipe on to a chef in our office, sure hope he makes it. If not, I’ll have to try a layer cake for the first time too.

4. Erin March 21, 2011 at 10:38 am

My mouth is watering!

5. Miz Helen March 21, 2011 at 2:31 pm

Your cake looks delicious. We would really enjoy it. I would like to invite you to bring a dish to my Full Plate Thursday. Thank you for sharing and have a great day!

6. Shelly W. March 21, 2011 at 5:47 pm

Oh yummy! That looks so good! And I’m so proud of you for attempting a layer cake. :)

7. Leigh March 21, 2011 at 7:56 pm

Look at you, getting fancy with the baking! It looks delicious.

8. Nony the Slob March 21, 2011 at 9:10 pm

MUST you do this to me? This looks fabulous and now I’m going to go eat a few spoonfuls of sugar because that’s all there is.

9. Jennifer@HomeMatters March 22, 2011 at 1:55 pm

YUM!!! I cannot wait to try this cake recipe! Thank you for sharing. I am printing it right now : )
    Stopping by from Tasty Tuesday.

10. chelleybutton March 23, 2011 at 8:51 pm

Yummy. Wish I wouldn’t have given Triple and Mad Dog one of the pieces you sent with me. ;) Not that it would’ve lasted that much longer than the one I kept, of course. ;) I must admit, while I like snickerdoodle cookies, they’re not my favorite and I was disappointed that there was no chocolate that weekend. But you proved me wrong: it was delicious! :) (smaller pieces might’ve been more appropriate though;) (Mad Dog did give me a Dove when we got back to their house though, since he ate mine;)

11. Rachel March 24, 2011 at 10:09 pm

WOW~ looks unbelievably delicious!!!
    Visitng from Sweet Tooth Friday!
    ~Rachel @

12. Allison @ Alli 'n Son March 25, 2011 at 2:29 pm

I LOVE snicker doodle. Thanks for stopping by and linking up this week!

13. Pingback: Ultimate Blog Party 2011 |

14. Fields Of Heather April 1, 2011 at 7:36 am

I can’t wait to make this – snickerdoodles are my husbands favorite cookie.

1. Mary @ Giving Up on Perfect April 2, 2011 at 8:58 pm

Mine, too. ;) I hope it turns out well!

15. Mindy April 4, 2011 at 10:13 am

We just tried this cake over the weekend….YUMMMMMM! Might I add, that while it is delicious when cold, if you cut a slice and microwave about 10 seconds it tastes JUST LIKE A CINNAMON ROLL…a very delightful, fantastic , just from-the-oven cinnamon roll!

And that is why my treadmill will see lots of me this week ;)

P.S. I just saw your recipe for apple cake..can’t wait to try that!!

16. cole April 27, 2011 at 4:25 pm

this looks amazing!!!!!!!!!

17. Pingback: Monday Morning Mmmm: Snickerdoodle Bread — Giving Up on Perfect

18. Pingback: Monday Morning Mmmm: Chicken Enchilada Casserole — Giving Up on Perfect

19. Pingback: Snickerdoodle Cake « Picture Perfect Cooking

1. Mary @ Giving Up on Perfect April 13, 2012 at 9:54 am

Hahaha – um, you’re welcome? :)

20. Pingback: Monday Morning Mmmm: Grown-Up Goldfish — Giving Up on Perfect