Me, Myself & Lies: an online Bible study

We’ll start our Bible study tonight. Do you have your book? If not, you’ve still actually got a week to track one down.

Thanks to the popularity of Jennifer Rothschild’s Me, Myself & Lies, it is listed as out of stock on the Lifeway website. This may or may not have a little something to do with another blog studying it this summer.

If you are having trouble finding a book online, check your local stores. Especially the Lifeway stores. The Lifeway store near me had several; I believe you can order and pay over the phone and have it shipped to you. The number to my store is 816-746-8080. Or, call Lifeway customer service for help: 1-800-458-2772.

Here’s how this study is going to work:

Each Monday night, I’ll put a live chat box on my blog. The chat will be open from 8 p.m. to 9 p.m. (And that’s Central Standard Time.) If we need to go longer, we can, but our goal is to keep this to no more than 90 minutes.

Each Tuesday morning, I’ll post a recap of our discussion and open the comments to any further discussion.

Tonight, we’ll introduce ourselves and briefly discuss the introductory session. The next week we’ll dive into the actual study. Each week has five days of individual study, and we’ll discuss what we learned and the book’s session answers on the following Monday. So, to break it down:

June 8: Introductory session
June 15: Discuss Week One
June 22: Discuss Week Two
June 29: Summer break (sorry! I’ll be on vacation!)
July 6: Discuss Week Three
July 13: Discuss Week Four
July 20: Discuss Week Five
July 27: Discuss Week Six

I’m so excited to study this book with you all! If you have questions today, just e-mail me (see Contact above).

Comments

1. Susan D says:

Greetings Mary, I was able to purchase the book over the weekend and will participate in the chats when possible. I have class on Monday nights but will hopefully be able to get in at least a half-hour of the session. The book looks great. Thanks for hosting this. Blessings, SusanD

2. Kim... and Her Coffee says:

I look forward to following your study here. I'll be doing the same study on the LPM timeline with my local girls group. Glad I got my book early though! :)

3. ben and erin says:

this study sounds sooooo good. but as per my children's bedtime routine i doubt i'll ever be able to make a monday night chat. i'll read the recaps though! :-) hope it goes well tonight!

4. chelleybutton says:

I don't see why you can't continue it while you're on vacation. I mean, it's over the internet after all! :P

5. Mary @ Giving Up On Perfect says:

Susan D – that's awesome! Join us whenever you can!

Kim – smart thinking with the book. :) And yes, please jump in here anytime!

Erin – I understand. I'm lucky Annalyn is an early bird. :)

Chelley – Yes, it is. But I will be vacationing. ;)

6. nichole says:

sounds interesting, can't wait to see how it goes:)

7. beckyjomama says:

I am in, but I missed the chat. Thank you soooo much for the book, cannot wait to get started!!!

8. SO great that you are doing this Bible Study! Wish I had time to participate, maybe next time!

9. im starting this book by jennifer rothschild called me myself & lies—–is there something i can read from others in you group that has completed the study? it would be of great help. thanks!